"People do not waste time. Time waste people. When people are idle and do not utilize time, time still goes on, it does not stop, it will leave people behind. Idle people do not go anywhere, but time moves on. So who is wasted actually? The people are wasted."
Today, I visited the in-campus bookstore to replenish my stock of note books. The owner of this bookstore is an elderly uncle who really enjoys his work and has a positive outlook on life. Besides selling books and stationaries, he always shares ideas and quotes of wisdom he gained from books and experience. Today, he shared with us the interesting piece of wisdom above. Well, that's not his exact words but that's more or less how he put it.
I guess it makes an impact on me because there are times when I plan but did not follow through. When it comes to studying certain subjects I tend to procrastinate and do other useless things instead. I did not grab precious time and do what I should be doing, therefore, I ceased to be productive and made no progress. I think it made sense to my friends too, although it sounds a bit nonsensical in the beginning. I mean, in the end, what Uncle was trying to imply on us is to not waste time, right? Still, I think we managed to get a bit out of Uncle's odd philosphy when the three of us walked out of the store and said to each other, "We're wasted!" (^_^)
Huh. I guess the uncle had so much time in his hand cause he is busy selling stuff!! HEhe
ReplyDelete