Tuesday, March 9, 2010

At A Drop Of A Helmet...

The IA results and carry-marks for all the subjects are out today.

I'm thankful I passed all, although some barely - I'm content with the carry marks. I'll try to do better for the finals next week. Definitely expecting it to be tiring -_-" Even this last IA is so tiring huehue..

I went out with Glean today. We went to the forex, eat and do a little bit of shopping (a little bit??) *sigh* I admit I indulged more than intended today. My main purpose was actually just to accompany her and stop by at Gourmet for some soy milk and tofu. I ended up doing more (of buying, that is). Oh well, I won't be going out again any time soon anyway. Next week, examination will be kicking off (again!) and it's going to be two "very long" weeks for me. Hm, let's not think about how hard it will be and focus on doing well ^^

Oh, I have something to share from my numerous auto-rickshaw rides. One thing I noticed is the different shapes and styles of helmets worn by the motorbike riders. Back home, they would all be almost the same - having to pass certain standards before being allowed for sale and use by traffic users. Here, however, the scenario is different. I see some old-school helmets which are not allowed for use in Malaysia anymore and also some very interesting styles of helmets - there are some that look like polo or baseball cap, some rounded bowl-like shape, etc. They're pretty amusing to look at, some look cute too (especially if they are worn by those cute grandfathers) haha.

Oh well, just like sticking to the right lanes, use of a standard helmet seems difficult to be implemented here (is it?). Anyway, I had 2 of the worst auto rides I've ever experienced today. There were a number of times I thought we almost hit other traffic users, but I must admit, to be able to drive here is really a skill on the auto-drivers' part. I would've got a headache and a heart attack if I were to drive in these conditions hohoh.

Now, decision-making time: sunglasses - should i keep the "unusual frame" or exchange it for the aviator look huehue. Decision remains to be made till tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bean Grinders