Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tooth Fairy

Today is a historical day (in my life).

I secured a chance to meet the tooth fairy. It was uncalled for but I should've seen it coming.

Well, the only way for one to meet a tooth fairy is if one has something that would attract the tooth fairy to come - a tooth (freshly extracted, preferably). It was said that if you put a tooth under your pillow at night, the tooth fairy would come to take it and replace it with a golden coin. That was a very interesting idea to little children, but as a child I've never tried it.

Here I am 15 years later with a tooth in my hand, none other than mine. I've never thought I would ever again experience this - not in another 80 yrs, at least. But here I am, inspecting the tooth (which, by the way appears healthy and strong) that has just got extracted from its bed this morning. Oh, I should've seen this coming. After all, I'm the one who decided to pay the dentist a visit. I ended up getting friendly with the plyer, which pulled out my fabulous tooth from its place :'( Now, I have a token for the tooth fairy (why am I not excited?).

The price one pays for beauty - there will be another tooth-harvesting session in 3 days. Another chance to meet the tooth fairy. However, at this age, I think I'll pass. Both teeth hold sentimental value for me more precious than any gold coins. Sorry tooth fairy, I'm keeping my tooth. I guess you'll have to seek for other traders - chances are they'll be below 10 years of age.

1 comment:

Bean Grinders